Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Freshly Ground with their fresh album


Guest blogger: Lebogang Mgiba



Ok Freshly Ground’s new album launch, do you really wanna know? Yes of coz that’s why you reading this blog in the first place, I mean HELLO?? The launch took place at the Alexandra Theatre in Braamfontein on the 13th of May. Mind you I was writing an exam the following day but I couldn’t wait to see what Freshly Ground has in store for us after Ma'Cheri Album. It was really packed and that made me realise that Freshly has many supporters which include groupies. I was turned off by the fact that I didn’t see a lot of celebrity’s, I’m not sure if it was the fact that there was no free food? At least I saw MetroFM's Lupi Ngcayisa, the Fat koek Yo Tv Kid Akhumzi, Zola and Morena from Etv’s CrazE.

                                                      
                                                   
To be honest, the launch went well, let’s forget the celebrities and focus on Freshly Ground. Zolani did me justice on stage from the moment she opened her mouth. Their new cd is absolutely awesome, different from their previous albums. The only similar thing is that they still have love songs; even Zolani confessed that they love songs. They had so much energy and you could just see their dedication on stage, the love and the passion was there. Their new cd is out in stores now, at least I got mine for free and piracy is so last year so please move with the trends and buy an original. Well a special thanks goes to Sarah Barnett for putting me on her guest list, it made me feel special. For more info on Freshly Ground visit their website on www.freshlyground.com or contact Sarah at media@freshlyground.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment