Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tuks Senganga models for Thunderstorm



Well known for his breathtaking Tswana lyrics, Tuks Senganga showed that he is a man of many talents at S.A fashion week when he walked the runway for Thunderstorm at Turbine hall in Johannesburg Newtown. Lerato Makomene had a one-one-one with Mzansi’s hip pop artist.

How were you involved in the fashion week?

I was there to launch my new track and also to branch and affiliate with a brand like Thunderstorm.

What brought the idea up?

My PR manager came up with an idea that it would be shock therapy for me to do something different, something that I have never done before. It is not wise for me to be confined to just one genre; I can still do so many things out there besides singing.

Q: How did the audience respond to your new track?

A: I played the stimela song which had the crowd mumbling because it took them back to memory lane. It was sort of a reflection of where we came from to where we are now.

Q: You modelled for Thunderstorm how was the experience for you?

A: Thunderstorm for me had the best range. It was fun, fresh and loose track; I would definitely wear their clothes.

Q: Which other designers were appealing to you?

A: DFC was beautiful, I liked the silky material, I wouldn’t mind if my partner were to wear Uyanda Mbuli's range.

Q: Do you plan to get involved in such events in the near future?

A: Yes it was dope and I hope to do this again sometime, I believe that artist should get more involved in such events. I have been in the industry for six years and it was my first time at fashion week where I was invited as a model, I learned that there is more to fashion than walking down the runway.

Q: Thoughts on the world cup….

A: We should let it slide and show the world what we all about.

Q: Ends note…

A: The world should be on the lookout for my new proudly South African album Tshwarelo, which will take them by storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment